Thursday, August 19, 2010

About This Writing Thing

I sat down last night after waking up early for class to begin..then a long day at work..and an even longer night of homework and drama to read the online "blog" or whatever about writing. The first thing that came to my mind was, "Man, I wish it were still summer!!" I do not even want to begin thinking about writing, or for that matter anything dealing with school. But as I began to read through it, I came across a lot of points that gave me a little easier feeling about the thought of all the writing assignments I have ahead of me. I really enjoyed the myths presented at the beginning of the paper..my favorite one being them giving me permission to use I. I absolutely love that because whoever said that you weren't allowed to use I in your own paper was CRAZY! The boxes where she broke apart the different types of papers I will be expected to write was the absolute most helpful part! That is the thing I have the most trouble with..the beginning of the paper..the thesis. I hate making thesis statements!! It sucked staying up til 11:30 to read the paper..but I definitely will go back to it when the time is right ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, people get hung up on the I thing. The sentence gets contorted so that whatever the writer uses instead of I sounds worse than I would have.

    ReplyDelete