Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good Ole' Gump Town

Montgomery has been my hometown for my entire life. When I was young, I lived in the most fantastic neighborhood. The street was just chock full of kids to play with. I went to Flowers Elementary on Ann Street, and would walk to and from school with neighborhood friends and my sisters. Once it was time for me to move onto middle school, I was fortunate to attend Baldwin Arts and Academics Magnet Program, which is downtown on South McDonough St. After school, all the kids waiting for their rids would walk to this small, family owned deli called Scott's Street Deli. And let me tell you they have the most fantastic salads in the world! But anyways, I say all that to get you to where I began to appreciate my love for downtown Montgomery. Downtown Montgomery hands down is absolutely beautiful and loaded with fun things to do. For starters, the churches downtown are absolutely GORGEOUS! If you have never seen the First Methodist, First Baptist, or the St. John's Episcopal downtown, you need to go. I know there are much more outrageous and beautiful churches in say Italy, but this is in our own backyard! Another thing I love about downtown is the amphitheater in front of the Alabama River. That whole section just is so beautiful, and has places where you can walk on a bridge and look over the river. Very good place for a date ;) Not to mention Lek's Railroad Thai which is right around the corner!! Absolutely delicious. Beyond just the beauty of downtown, there are also places such as Zasa's, Biscuits games, The Renaissance, and the Alley Bar where people can hang out and have a good time. I have lived here forever, and sometimes it's boring, but Montgomery does have things out there to do! It's not so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment