Thursday, August 26, 2010

I hate Facebook

I lied forreal in that heading. But honestly, Facebook sucks the life out of people. I enjoy Facebook for it's actually purposes..to stay in touch with old friends and classmates, and to look at my friends pictures. But it  always goes way beyond just checking out your friends prom pictures and telling them you miss them on their wall. Have you ever been on Facebook for hours and wind up on a random person's page that you have no idea who they even are, and the sad part is you have no idea how you ended up on their page? It's called Facebook stalking, and everyone is guilty..even me. And it is absolutely pathetic! Facebook has taken over my life at times, as well as my mothers..like you wouldn't believe! She will talk to me about people and it is so obvious she has been stalking! She says, "It just popped up!!!" Like mini feed directs her to all the drama automatically. Don't get me wrong, Facebook is fun..it's a lot of fun. But I really need to take a break..it's just been depressing me lately! So I am going to try to detach myself from Facebook for a while..we will see how long this last!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I know right. I think everyone is guilty of Facebook stalking at times. Its ok as long as it doesn't become a habit :o!!! Adults are the worst because they can't get anything out of us, therefore they snoop our pages and our friends. Yea, adults+Facebook=no privacy! Facebook seems like the place where everyone expresses themselves in an unrealistically ridiculous way. Its like a reality t.v show! Facebook is a way to talk to your friends, not tell people how much your life sucks! But I still love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend way too much time on Facebook. It's a lot of fun, though. There have been scholarly articles written on FB about how people act and speak differently when they know that people will see what they do and say.

    ReplyDelete