Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Turkey Day

As everyone knows, we just got back from Thanksgiving break..and as usual it was way too soon to start back classes and work and all! For Thanksgiving, I actually took a break from work, and went with Dillon to see his family for the holidays. He usually goes up there for the holidays, but I usually cannot because of work. So this year, I took off work and spent the whole holidays with him. Because I was going to be missing Thanksgiving day with my family, I made sure to spend time with them the day before. Actually I spent the whole day shopping and all...so I only spent a little time with them, except for my cousin who came with me. So on Thanksgiving day, I drove with Dil and his family to Hunstville to have Thanksgiving lunch with his mom's side of the family. It was great..it ended up being a jewelry and candle party for the ladies, chat time with the guys, and they even had a blow up for the children!! All of the food was fantastic as well. After we finished eating, and visiting..we needed to get back on the road to head to Dil's dad house in Tennessee. It took maybe another two and a half hours from where we were, and got there around 8..we hung around and visited with his dad and step mom for a good bit. Mary pulled out old home videos of Dillon when he was younger for a good laugh! I visited with every single person in his family. The women in his family live forever! His dad has two grandmothers that are pushing 96 and they are both still living!! One was up walking around on her own, and hanging out! It was honestly amazing! We spent one night in the Opry Mills Hotel, and went to see the Louise Mandrell dinner show which was lovely! I had such a fantastic time with everyone, and my holiday ended too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment