Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sing and Dance

My favorite song of the moment has to be "Dancing Nancies" by The Dave Matthews Band. Everyday before work or class I pop in my DMB CD and I listen to Dancing Nancies. The lyrics and the beat put me into a fantastic, happy mood! Not only is the song catchy, and Dave Matthews is songbird, but the lyrics in the song are so meaningful. The song begins asking "Could I have been..." and he list many things that he possibly could have been. Then he talks about a twenty-three year old who is already sick of the life he is living, and doesn't like where he is in life, but goes on to say "Look up at the sky" and gives you a picture of someone with their mouth open wide staring at the beauty of the world. In other lyrics it says "What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying" which is so true in that everyone just wants to get to the next day and they don't enjoy the day they have. My favorite lyric though is "Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, But I'll work it out then I Look up at the sky". It just gives me chills, because honestly there's no need to worry about small things because there is always a solution. This songs meaning is just to enjoy life and love what you have. It reminds me to take life day by day and try to not rush through all of my trials and tribulations, as well as the simple things I take for granted. If you wish life away, it will be gone before you know it so appreciate each day you are given, never give up, and live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment