Thursday, September 2, 2010

Labor

I have had three jobs since I was 15. My first real job was at Carriage Hills Animal Hospital, which was a rough, rough job. I worked in the resort part of the hospital where people would bored their dogs while they went on vacation or just day care. I don't know if you've ever seen Carriage Hills but that place is huge!!! There were five "luxury" resorts in the front, about twenty "luxury" resorts on the side, and over fifty other kennels. Oh, and a cat room! The dogs had to be walked three times a day, and their kennels cleaned twice a day. Not to mention I had to bathe dogs that were ready to go home. The hours were insane. I would wake up and be there before 7 and not leave until after 8. Beyond just the 7-8 hours, I had to work every single holiday...so when everyone was enjoying Thanksgiving dinner, I was cleaning up dog poop. Ugh!
After the animal hospital I worked at a tanning bed for about a year, which was a joke!! Somewhere during my Senior year I picked up a second job at Zoe' Kitchen and quit the tanning bed shortly after. I still work at Zoe's now, and love it for the most part. I am a shift leader which means while the manager isn't there, I am the manager on duty. I love the interaction I get with people, and it is just a fun environment. I have a lot of responsibilities at Zoe's. I have to snap people into shape, order produce, count money, and take care of the store as if it were my own. The only part I hate is just all the prep work that has to be done for the next morning...I will make a gallon and a half of lime juice and have to make more the next day!!

I see qualities in both the vet and Zoe's that I want to have in my future job. They have both definitely taught me how to be a hard worker and juggle a lot of responsibility. The only thing I look for more in the future is flexibility with my career. I want to have a ton of kids, so I want to be able to stay home with my kids as much as possible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment