Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Facebook?

The day before yesterday, in a fit of rage..I deactivated my Facebook account. As much as I hate it, I cannot stand to be away from it. It is truly sad how much of peoples lives are devoted to Facebook. I love going on Facebook to look at my friends who have gone off to college and keep up with them...but at the same time it get depressing. I dont necessarily "make" FB friends, I just have my friends who I know from real life as my friends, or mutual friends. I dont stay on FB to chit chat with random singles or anyone for that matter. I think FB is a good gateway for friends, but it can be dangerous and potentially deadly. Not only does it kill your social life, because all you know is FB and whats going on there..but just like any other website there are cyber bullies who take advantage of their privileges on FB to hurt and abuse people. I have seen multiple people bashing other people on their statuses for absolutely no reason. It makes me sick to my stomach and all I can think is that those people have no self esteem. It just fires me up to see "adults" act like children and be so irresponsible. I also see people who put nonsense on their FB pages..and I think to myself that employers check out FB for potential hires and these people will never get a job in their life if thats the case. I just wish FB would go away and we could get back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment