Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ole Wisdom

My wisdom teeth were coming in, and I went to the dentist and sure enough they needed to come on out. The first place I went to didn't work with my mom's insurance, so they wanted $900 something dollars to do the surgery..she wasn't having that so we went somewhere else where it was about $450ish which is still ridiculous for something of the sort. So anyway we scheduled it for Friday, the 8th and I went on in and got it done. The surgery without insurance is over $1000 which she said people actually come in and pay that much for the surgery! Insane. Anyway everyone had talked to me about how AWESOME anesthesia is but it definitely WASNT!! I was all ready for surgery, and all I needed was a little bit of heaven. So they tried sticking me..and wiggled it around a bit...then tried again in the same place...then tried again in my hand, "had it flowing" then had to finally get it in my other arm. I was in tears before I passed out, which wasn't what I had expected from what everyone says..That was on friday, and I am still swollen, numb, and hurting. Luckly I have all my meds, but that honestly doesnt make it all better. They said my nerves were all messed up, or they messed them up, whatever so the numbness wont go away for say days, weeeks, or forever! Who knows :) But wisdom teeth and anesthesia weren't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment