Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dachshunds

Ever since I was a little girl, my family's choice of pet has been a dog. And ever since I can remember we have had Dachshunds. From what I can remember, we have had..Red, Lindsey, Allie, Willie, Cricket, Duke, Daisy, Sadie, and Oliver...so a total of nine dachshunds since I was born! Red was oldddd, and as you can tell by his name he was a red, or tan colored dachshund. He was the most phenomenal dog in the world. He ruled the house, but did not demand much attention. Unfortunately, he had back problems and had to be put asleep when he was a bit older. Allie and Willie were gifts my dad brought home to us for making good grades. They, by far, were the worst dogs ever. My dad is an electrician, and I think he bought them while he was away, but kept them in his car for a good week before coming home? So strange. But those dogs were impossible. They would run away every chance they got, and just had no home training. Eventually, they were given away to two sets of old couples. Cricket, oh Cricket. She was the best, but most strange dog in the world. If Cricket was a human, she would definitely be an outcast. We had other dogs the same time we had Cricket, and she was just so needy so we gave her away to an old lady, and now she's an only child that smokes and watches tv all day. We still hear from here from time to time. We still have Duke, Daisy, Sadie, and Oliver. We got Duke first, and he is definitely the man of the house. He is the most precious dog, and he likes to be in command. Duke usually whines to get what he wants. Then we got Daisy, a companion for Duke. I hate Daisy. She is just an annoying dog that wants to be right on your face. Her and Duke have had three litters of puppies together, and on the last litter we kept one and named her Sadie. Sadie is my dog and she is just sooo precious. She loves just about everyone, and we call her a little squirrel. Now Oliver...he is strange and annoying. He is my sisters dog, and he, like Cricket, is an outcast. He loves to chew things, and bark like a mad man! But I don't know what life would be like without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment