Monday, December 6, 2010

A memory from past Christmas

A few years ago, when I was about ten or so, my whole family was over at my nanny's house spending time together and getting ready for Christmas. For the holidays, my family loves cooking really big dinners and everyone sit around the table enjoying everyone's company! Well we all had woken up early that morning at my nanny's; all my sisters and my cousins, to open presents for Christmas. It was just a glorious time, all of us in our Christmas pajamas, opening our gifts, so my parents wanted to put their new video camera to use and they filmed the whole opening of the presents! The day went on, and the cooking began. A huge turkey in the oven, gravy on the stove, and stuffing!! I love the stuffing in the turkey. Everyone had changed into their new clothes that they had received for Christmas, and we were all just playing around, relaxing until dinner. I got bored and decided to go get mom and Terry's new camera to film the lifeless turkey in the oven. I filmed each and every inch of the food we were going to enjoy later that night. We all sat down and enjoyed dinner together, and after we all were stuffed we sat in the living room and decided to watch the video of us opening Christmas presents earlier that morning, only to find that the tape was full of golden turkey. My parents got veryyyy upset with me, and my Christmas night ended in tears. I was so upset, I thought I had ruined the whole Christmas for everyone! I still remember that day vividly to this day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment