Monday, December 6, 2010

When I lost Terry's blanket

Terry, my stepfather, has always been very picky about his things. He is the type of man who never liked us borrowing other peoples clothes just for the fact that they are other peoples clothes. And he definitely does not like people messing with his things. When I was in high school, I was on the track team. Track is one of the sports that catch a cold season, and a cold track meet is the worst thing in the world because they last forever. That Christmas, mom had made terry this really cool Auburn fleecy blanket that would cover a queen sized bed. I had a track meet one morning, and everyone on the track team had a cool blanket to use during cold seasons..and I thought well I want one too. So I looked around the house, and all I saw was living room blankets that would look ridiculous anywhere else but the living room. And then I went into my parents room and saw Terry's blanket. I thought about it, and I took it. When I went to the track meet, a laid it out to sit on since it was so big and was enjoying the day. I had to go do one of my events, and was gone for a good bit. As events got finished, people started to leave. And when I got finished with my event, I came back to find that the blanket was no longer there. My stomach dropped. It seemed crazy and people did not understand why I asked around so much for this blanket, but they just did not understand the wrath of Terry. I never found the blanket, and got a lot of crap for it..Mom made him a new one, and he still gets testy when I bring it in the living room to use on cold nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment