Monday, December 6, 2010

Thinking about my old home

From the time I was born, until about seven years ago, I lived in a tiny three bedroom home on Asbury Lane. It was the coziest home, thinking back. There were only three small rooms, one in which I shared with my oldest sister Chelsea, one for my twins sisters, and another for my parents. We only had one and a half baths, so six people used one shower to get ready in the morning. And this bathroom was sooo small! It literally had enough room for one sink, on toilet, a shower, and room to do a small spin. Our living room was so tiny, smaller than most the rooms and it even had a door on it! The kitchen, dining room, and computer room was literally one room. There was only one hallway in the entire home. The kitchen floor was a horrible vinyl flooring that probably was there for years and years. The best part about the house was the attic fan. We would just open the windows and doors, turn on the attic fan and the entire house would feel glorious! I have a step brother and sister, who would come to visit every summer, not to mention my cousins used to practically live with us they were over so much. We somehow managed to squeeze everyone in the one small house. In my room, we had a bunk bed with a hug futon on the bottom, and a twin bed on top. In my twin sister's room, we managed to put a bunk bed with two twin beds, a bed under the bunk beds, and then another bed against the wall. We just put everyone wherever they would go! It was honestly the best place to grow up though. The whole neighborhood was just filled with kids who were always outside playing. I had a fantastic childhood on Asbury Lane, and I sometimes drive by just to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment