Thursday, December 2, 2010

Is This MY Mom?

As I said in previous blogs, over the Thanksgiving holiday I went to Tennessee with Dillon to visit with his family. We were there on Thursday for Thanksgiving, and did not leave until that Sunday..So while I was in Tennessee, the infamous shopping day called Black Friday went down. I have horrible anxiety about large crowds and rushing, so I stay far far away from Black Friday, especially in somewhere I am not familiar with. So we spent the day at home and just hung around while everyone else was doing psycho shopping! My mother, a woman much like myself, who hates shopping as well as large crowds and inconvenience, was a wild woman on Black Friday. Not only did she go out shopping...she went out shopping THREE times!! Three times in one day. That is a record for the lady. I cannot tell you the last time she went shopping, except for groceries. Especially on Black Friday. She has not waited in long lines to catch deals since the Furbies came out!! But I got home on Sunday afternoon and the Christmas tree was up...and underneath the Christmas tree was a bundle of wrapped presents!!! I was in such shock!! Last year, around the 23rd of December, we were asking mom if she was ever going to get any gifts, and this year she is absolutely and completely done with my gifts and I didn't even make a list!! She did it all on her own! I am so proud, and I am even more excited that they are all surprises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment